Pre-Game Fix: Cubs Split Squads

Cashman Field in Las Vegas
Well, I'm heading outside today to take advantage of the Spring weather before Winter comes back and
bites us in the ass a few last times so I am getting this up early and only have 1 lineup for today so far...then again, this is a new feature for me and (thanks to a full-time job) something I probably won't be able to have up-to-date very often.

Bear with me while I figure this out...the format will surely change/tweak as the season wears on.




Split squads are the order of the day.  Some members will be travelling to Las Vegas to take on the Mets while others will be making the short trip to Surprise Stadium and the Royals.

Game 1: 
Cubs at Mets in Cashman Stadium, Las Vegas
Time: 3:05 CDT
TV Broadcast: WGN
Radio Broadcast: Best I can find is limited to Gameday Audio

Lineup:
Darwin Barney - 2B
Daniel Murphy - 3B
Nate Schierholtz - DH
Anthony Rizzo - 1B
Ryan Sweeney - RF
Javier Baez - SS
James McDonald - LF
Eli Whiteside - C
Matt Szczur - CF

Starting Pitcher - Tsuyoshi Wada - LHP

Game 2:
Cubs at Royals in Surprise Stadium, Surprise, AZ
Time: 3:05 CDT
TV Broadcast: MLB.TV
Radio Broadcast: Best I can find is limited to Gameday Audio

Lineup (I'm guessing here because the Cubs Twitter feed posted this lineup for both games)

Junior Lake - CF
Ryan Roberts - 2B (They are getting a lot of looks at him in Spring)
Welington Castillo - C
Justin Ruggiano - LF
Mike Olt - 1B (HEAL SHOULDER, DAMN YOU)
Chris Valaika - SS (That's a surprise, wonder if Baez is heading north to launch balls on The Strip)
Jeff Vitters - DH (Dark horse for the 5th OF spot)
Brett Jackson - RF
Christian Villanueva - 3B

Starting Pitcher - Jeff Samardzija - RHP

No comments :

Post a Comment